Roulade – Mary Ann’s
This recipe was shared by fellow Vermonter – Mary Ann Duke. Mary Ann likes to serve her steak roulade with potato pancakes. Nancy – could we change shortening to be more specific? What would you use?
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Top Round Steak
- 1 lb Top round steak, thin sliced
- 2 Slices of bacon cut into small pieces
- ½ Small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cut the steak into 2 inch square pieces.
- Evenly distribute the bacon and onion on the pieces of steak.
- Roll up each steak, securing them in position with 2 toothpicks.
- Dredge steaks in flour.
- Add the shortening to a heavy sauté pan and brown steak on all sides.
- Cover the steak rolls with water, and simmer for 1 – 1 ½ hours.