Stuffed Steak with Green Olives and Capers
This stuffed steak recipe has green olives, capers grated parmesan and other yummy ingredients and is served with a garlic and tomato sauce. The recipe was shared by Amy Kong of South Duxbury, Vermont. Nancy: noticed that this recipe and the Roulade recipe call for thin sliced top round. Do you sell it this way? If so, let’s mention that. Otherwise the instructions should tell them how to slice.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Top Round Steak
- 1 ½ pounds Top Round steak, thin sliced
- 3 Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cup Green olives (stuffed, optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- ½ cup Pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ⅓ cup Bread crumbs
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- SAUCE PREPARATION:
- Heat up a sauce pan with olive oil.
- Lightly sauté the garlic, then add the tomatoes.
- Lower the heat, and cook until the tomatoes start to breakdown, keep warm.
- STUFFING PREPARATION:
- In a food processor, add the olives, capers and pine nuts and pulse until they have a coarse consistency.
- Place in a mixing bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and stir. This should have a slightly pasty consistency.
- STEAK PREPARATION:
- Set broiler on High.
- Evenly distribute the stuffing in the middle of each steak.
- Roll steaks so that there is some overlap.
- Place stuffed steaks on oven sheet with the steak seam on the bottom.
- Broil each side for approximately 3 minutes for medium (depends on the thickness of steaks)
- TO SERVE:
- Plate the steaks and spoon the sauce over them.