This braised beef recipe is from Claudia DeLucia of Chelmsford, MA. Claudia serves this over egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Round Steak, Chuck Roast
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs Round Steak or Chuck Roast
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 can of mushrooms (drained) or fresh mushrooms
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar or ¼ cup Red Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- ⅓ cup Water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut steak into cubes and dust in seasoned flour (with salt and pepper)
- Add the oil into a frying pan and brown the steak on all sides, transfer the steak to a casserole dish.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the skillet. Heat to a simmer, stir to mix. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Pour the sauce over the steak, cover tightly and bake in the oven for 2 - 2 ½ hours.