Shredded Beef Slow Cooker Tacos
These slow cooker shredded beef tacos are great made with Snug Valley Farm's grass-fed beef.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Flank Steak or Skirt Steak
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 2 green bell peppers & 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
FOR SPICE RUB:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- avocado (peeled and sliced or chopped)
- shredded lettuce
- Mix together spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the spices all over your Snug Valley Farm steak - don't be afraid to apply generously.
- Place steak at the bottom of a crock pot.
- Cover the steak with the chopped onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper.
- Turn heat on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove meat from crock pot and shred with a fork, return to slow cooker to keep warm until serving time.
- BEFORE SERVING:
- Heat your tortillas in a clean dish towel.
- Spoon shredded beef mixture onto tortilla and top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and shredded lettuce.