BBQ Top Round Steak with Pepper Marinade
Thanks to Melissa Purdy of Vermont for submitting this marinade recipe for grilled grass-fed top round steak. Don't be afraid of the cayenne, most of the spiciness cooks off.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Top Round Steak
- 1 ½ lbs. Grass-fed Top Round Steak
- 1-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Crushed peppercorns
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Touch of salt
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together, mixing thoroughly.
- Place steak in marinade (you may use a zippered plastic bag for this if you prefer).
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one or more hours, turn after 30 minutes to marinate both sides.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook the steak on the grill, watching carefully that it doesn't overcook. Grass-fed beef is best served rare or medium rare.