Boneless Rib Roast
This boneless rib roast recipe is our favorite, basic method for preparing a boneless roast.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Roast
- 1 boneless rib roast, thawed and brought to room temperature
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Kitchen string
- OPTIONAL FOR SAUCE:
- Parsley, spices, red wine, beef broth, arrowroot or wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Dry meat thoroughly. Salt and pepper all surfaces.
- Roll the roast into a cylinder shape and tie with kitchen string (ensures it will heat evenly). Place meat on rack in an uncovered pan.
- Cook at 450 F for 30 minutes. Then decrease to 325 F for 13 min. / pound.
- GOAL: Internal temperature 125 – 130 F for rare.
- When cooked, remove from oven and allow to rest uncovered for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with pan drippings or make a sauce as the meat rests:
- Add water to pan to loosen drippings. Once well mixed, remove liquid to a sauce pan and add parsley and any spices you wish, red wine and beef broth, preferably made from beef bones. Heat. Use arrowroot or flour to thicken.