Steak - Marinated with Garlic and Brown Sugar
This steak marinade for grilling and best process was first published in COOK's Illustrated in 2007. The article titled "Steak marinades That Work" was written by David Pazmino. Used with permission?????? Nancy - what kind of steak do you recommend? And how much does the marinade cover?
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Steak
- Grass-fed ???? Steak
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Medium Garlic cloves, minced or pressed to make about 4 teaspoons
- 2 Tablespoons Minced chives or chopped onions
- 1 ⅓ teaspoons Black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, oil, sugar, Worcestershire, garlic, chives and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place marinade and steaks in a gallon-size zipper-lock bag; press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate one hour, flipping bag after 30 minutes to ensure steaks marinate evenly. DO NOT OVER MARINADE.
- Remove steaks from marinade, letting any excess marinade drip back into bag. Discard bag and marinade.
- Grill steaks as desired.
- Transfer steak to shallow pan. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes, turning meat half way through.
- Slice steak or serve whole.