Teriyaki Steak - grilled
This is our favorite teriyaki steak recipe. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Plan to let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
Author: Snug Valley Farm
Recipe for: GRASS-FED BEEF
Cut of Meat: Flank or Round Steak
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs Flank or round steak
- ¼ cup Soy sauce or tamari
- 1 inch Fresh ginger root, finely grated with a microplane
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 2 Scallions, sliced (both green and white parts)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large zippered storage bag and mix thoroughly.
- Place steak in bag, squeeze out excess air and seal. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Take bag out of refrigerator, turn over and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Discard the marinade.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes, for the juices to redistribute back to the steak.
- Slice the steak against the grain.