VT Flood Relief Benefit: Pasture Walk & Whole Hog BBQ Potluck
When: Saturday, August 5, 2023 from 4:00-9:00 p.m.
Where: 824 Pumpkin Lane, East Hardwick, VT
Help us celebrate Open Farm Week with a pasture walk, pot luck, whole hog BBQ, and enjoy live music from our farmer friends at Snug Valley Farm in East Hardwick, VT. 100% of proceeds will benefit the Vermont Farm Fund.
Our farm sustained very minimal damage during the July flooding but so many friends, neighbors, fellow farmers and food businesses did not fair so well, which is why we are turning this event into a flood relief benefit so we can give what we can back to those who need it most right now.
Make your way to East Hardwick where we will show you around the farm where you’ll see grass-fed beef grazing on pasture, heritage breed pigs romping about, and our growing flock of sheep. Farmer Ben Nottermann will talk about the true meaning of regenerative agriculture and how our animals help sequester carbon and rebuild soil health. Then we will share an incredible meal of whole hog BBQ and potluck side dishes with live music from local farmers. Let’s dance into the evening together while helping our fellow Vermonters.
For this event, we welcome you to:
- Bring a potluck dish (please put your name and phone number on the bottom of the bowl in case you forget to take it home with you)
- BYOD – Bring your own drinks
- Bring chairs and picnic blankets
- Bring a cooler for your drinks and to store purchased meat items in
- Feel free to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Hardwick Area Food Pantry
At this event, we will have grassfed beef, pasture raised pork and grassfed lamb available for sale!